Friday, October 10, 2008

The Rising

I've likened the Messiah's propaganda machine to the film works of Leni Riefenstahl, particularly at the 1934 Nuremberg Party Congress. I pointedly avoided posting the Hitler Jugend style step team antics that made the rounds from obscure blogs to mainstream news media last week. I did point out that absurdity of the Brandenburg Gate pre-Victory Tour before the conventions, but now we really need to get serious about this:

Channeling Hanna Arendt

There are way too many similarities here for a George Santayana fan like me to dismiss. Let's throw in the economic meltdown that is ongoing and recall the hyper-inflation of Weimar and the world-wide economic collapse of the Great Depression.

Power to the people, indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Rings true. More evidence of this sort of thing would be helpful.

This is the strangest and most confusing presidential election I've ever seen. I've never been up in the air over this stuff before. Jeesh.