Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Some Starting Points

First, consider the source of this piece. It is going to reflect an obvious partisan slant. That, however, doesn't make it false. It simply tells you what to expect.

What it delivers is a detailed listing of a more-than-casual relationship.

Building the Relationship

I've served on boards and committees. I've generally known the people who served with me. We've been thrust, by the duties of the board, into a close working relationship. We have sometimes disagreed, but the foundation of the relationship was a basic agreement on the goals and objectives of the organization. That's the key to this.

I'm quite certain that if any member of those boards or committees that I worked on had expressed anything close to the anti-American sentiments of Mr. Ayers and Ms Dohrn that I would have severed my relationship with both them and the organization. I am equally certain that I would not be visiting their home for any neighborhood gatherings.

Why is Sen. Obama so different in that regard? My increasing belief is that it goes to the core of his judgment. And, frankly, it scares the hell out of me.

Here's an interesting timeline on the story:

From a Few Days Ago

This pot is going to get stirred very hard in the next three weeks and I'm thinking the stew still might get burned.

No comments: