Monday, September 12, 2011

Shame? You Bet I'm Ashamed

Retired SecDef Don Rumsfeld expressed outrage at a blog post by NYT Financial Editorialist and Nobel Laureate, Paul Krugman's comments on 9/11.

Read them for yourself here:

Guiliani, Bush and Neocons Embarrassed Worthless Liberal Pansy

I'm ashamed myself. I'm ashamed that the Nobel Prize which was once viewed as one of the most prestigious awards a man could earn was awarded to the likes of Krugman and Gore and Obama. That's worthy of shame.

I'm ashamed that someone who lives in New York City and was undoubtedly on-scene that morning would say something so foolish.

I'm ashamed that an adult male in America would not view the efforts to stabilize the situation, restore security and punish the network that perpetrated those horrific events as honorable.

I'm ashamed that this spineless slug would express his cowardly opinions to make political points.

There is plenty of shame to go around, Mr. Krugman, but it all rests on your flaccid and compliant shoulders.

2 comments:

Timmeehh said...

But you can be proud that you live in a country that was made free and kept free by men and women in uniform. In fact it is so free, that anyone can say even the most reprehensible things in public and the only thing he need fear is a public mocking.

bongobear said...

As a retired Marine, my first instinct is to wish someone would knock that smirk off of his face and shove that Nobel Prize where the sun doesn't shine.