Thursday, March 12, 2009

Roster Changes

As a North Texas resident for the last four years, I become by default a Dallas Cowboys fan. Just as during my twenty year residence in Colorado where I grudgingly acknowledged a slight affinity for the Denver Broncos and a slightly more enthusiastic involvement with the Colorado Rockies, now I watch Cowboys games when they are available and I tsk-tsk as I read the collapse each day of the Texas Rangers.

That's why this piece in The Onion is so welcome and undeniably true:

Buffalo's Loss, Our Gain

Yes, thug-meister and meddler-in-chief, Jerry Jones traded away the self-appointed world's greatest wide receiver. The dismissal of some of the most obvious criminals from this year's roster means that there will be a lot less in the Monday morning newspapers through the fall. More scores and game recaps and less police blotter and hospital admission stuff.

No comments: