Monday, June 08, 2009

Road Trip Weekend

Took a little road trip this last weekend and got it reinforced. Sure, everything west of Dallas sticks, bites or stings you, but it sure is beautiful in the process. Things are green this time of year and the wild flowers that Lady Bird Johnson had strewn along our highways are in full and glorious bloom. Stop for gas or a cold drink and the folks are friendly and courteous. It takes two minutes to get through a doorway because both parties are standing back to allow the other person to pass through. That doesn't happen in New Yawk or Hell-Aye or Shy Caw Gah.



I wasn't born here, but I'm sure glad I came back. I've got three pairs of boots now and two "Sunday" hats. I drink Shiner rather than Sam Adams most of the time and I'm trying to blend in. Still won't get a pick-up though!

3 comments:

juvat said...

Dayum Ed, All the way up to that last sentence, you were in there for honorary "born n bred" Texican. But sorry, No Pickup, No Texican.

Just please tell me you don't drive a Prius!

Ed Rasimus said...

I'm a two Infiniti household. I've got a Q45 (last of the breed--2005) and SWMBO has a G35S 2007. They mark the fourth and fifth Infiniti I've owned. I quess I've been satisfied.

LauraB said...

But I'm willing to bet you know more than one person with a truck you can call...

Yeah, we've got three...whenever you need one, shout.
*cackle*