Saturday, July 03, 2010

Double Dip for Saturday

I'm a Tarantino fan. I know that makes me just a bit sick, but take it or leave it. Kill Bill is high art. Pulp Fiction is classic. But, how have I gone so long without seeing Reservoir Dogs?

I like Harvey Keitel. I love Steve Buscemi; who couldn't after Fargo? Mike Madsen is popping up more often. He was great as one of the Deadly Vipers, despite not being a diva, in Kill Bill, and he didn't do badly in support of Kiefer Sutherland in this year's "24". As Mr. Blonde, he was deliciously despicable.

But, the music of a Tarantino movie is what makes it. Familiar oldies and undiscovered jewels fill out the films and make them always memorable.

So, more rock for this Saturday:

1 comment:

John Venlet said...

Great films, all, Ed. Tarantino puts the pulp, in pulp fiction.

Don't fret the being a "bit sick," because you're not the only one suffering from the appreciation.