Thursday, August 05, 2010

On the Road Again

Yep, I'm on the road. That makes me not much different than Michelle. I'm immersed in Hispanic culture, she is too. I'm away from the capital...about three blocks. She is too...about 2500 miles. The people around me speak Spanish...a heard a couple shout "la Migra" yesterday when a car pulled up. Michelle is surrounded by Spanish speakers as well.

Not Much Difference at All

But, I drove. She took one of the family jets. I took SWMBO. She took forty of her homies and left the old man home. I've got a so-so room at La Fonda de Santa Fe, she's in a "posh" luxurious five-star resort hotel in Malaga.

But, I'm eating better in Santa Fe and I appreciate what is around me and I'm not reviled by mostly half of the nation. I also like to think that I've got a clue.

2 comments:

Six said...

I hope you're not eating cake Ed.

MagiK said...

You forgot the KEY differences in your trips...YOU paid for yours, SHE is not paying for her trip. Our tax dollars are paying for her and her 40 closest friends to stay at an Exclusive $2500 a night per room Hotel.