Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Reality TV

Proving once again that Andy Warhol was right:

Hitting the Morning Talk-Show Circuit

My muscles are really sore this morning. I spent most of the evening trying to assume the described position in the back seat of my car. I did OK as I leaned my right hand over to move it up a skirt toward some "genitals". Then I got a pulling sensation across my shoulder as I established my left arm behind a head to pull it into my crotch which was obstructed by my right arm across my lap. When I began to play the video of "What are you doing? You know I have a boyfriend." I think I strained my back laughing and hurt myself severely when I did my best Simon Legree sneer and said, "You want job don't you?"

Couldn't they have written a more realistic script? Maybe they should have put in some sequencing so it didn't sound like a Cirq d'Soleil feature act.

Not saying it didn't happen that way, but it sure sounds strange. Particularly that last part where we simultaneously get the denial of political motivation coupled with the plea for Presidential conduct in the candidates. Yeah, this is getting interesting. It may draw audience from Real Housewives of Peoria reruns.

5 comments:

an Donalbane said...

"...said she had nothing to gain financially, and in fact wasn't even paying a fee to Gloria Allred."

Well of course not. A publicity w___e like that attorney lives to get that kind of national pub.

One of the things that I find interesting is that it seems that all of the allegations seem to have come from Mr. Cain's tenure at Nat'l. Restaurant Assn. Maybe I'm wrong, but if he actually did these things, wouldn't that type of behavior be so deeply ingrained in his character (or, if the accusations prove true, lack of same) that we'd be seeing corroborating evidence across a much longer timeline?

It just seems interesting that all of this seems to be isolated to his time with the NRA.

Anonymous said...

If I was on the NRA Board I would have insisted that as a condition of continued employment that Mr Cain under go counseling. That would explain why their were no further incidents as a good therapist could make sure that Mr Cain sees the error of his ways and sins no more.

~Leadfoot

Six said...

I remain unconvinced. Sexual harrassment is an industry in this country right now. Most with deep enough pockets choose to pay as little as possible just to get the matter over with as little publicity as possible. It's too easy to make accusations and the accuser is generally treated as a de facto victim and the accusee is left to prove his innocence. Not always an easy thing to do in the he said/she said field of sexual politics. Polls ares till trending for Cain which leads me to believe a lot of the public is seeing this as a potential smear campaign to remove Cain and install the 'correct' republican candidate. If that remains Cain will prevail and have a very good chance to unseat Romney as the GOP heir apparent.

MagiK said...

So far two of the "Accusers" have ties to Obama, and one has a history of work place harassment suits....I see a pattern here.

MagiK said...

Lead, Therapists only help weak willed spineless people who have no self respect or control.

But something else to consider isnt the SEIU closely tied with the Natl Restaurant Assoc.?