Monday, January 10, 2011

Critics

I'm always a bit reluctant to pay much attention to critics. Movies that are panned are often quite good in my opinion. TV shows really shouldn't be reviewed at all because it all becomes a bit of navel-gazing when a network runs a show reviewing the network's offerings. It doesn't get much better when the newspaper or magazine is simply another arm of the media combine.

But what I really have to work at ignoring is book reviewers. Particularly when they are reviewing something I've written. Amazon is a real torture chamber in that regard because you don't have much of a handle on the qualifications of any reviewer.

See what I mean:

1 comment:

Murphy's Law said...

Ed,

I've read your books, and I suspect that 99% of your "critics" fall into two camps: Jane Fonda's brain-fried tweet followers and those with an ISP tracking back to the northern part of Vietnam.

Screw 'em both.