Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Academia Personified

We should be aware that a university should be a forum for unfettered debate and exchange of ideas. That means in an atmosphere of academic freedom an individual should be able to say whatever they can defend and support with their reason, intellect and research. I will often say things in class to foment debate or discussion on a topic even if I don't espouse those positions personally. I warn my students at the beginning of the semester that not everything I say is my own ideology.

But, Roberta X points us at this toad this morning:

Care Packages For Troops Shameful

You can probably assume by looking at this face that he's not familiar with the US military from the inside. I can also assume that there are a lot of folks in the military that would like to take him under their wing, figuratively, and give him a new perspective.

What do Prof. Avery's students think of him? Well read the comments here:

Not Their Favorite

And, yes, he did spend some of his education years at the University of Moscow. Yep, that Moscow!

CV of Professor

He probably used the same class notes for his Constitutional Law course as the Bamster did at University of Chicago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading about this ASSHOLE this morning and wondering if it would make The Thundertales. Looks like I was right. I do support his right to free speech although if somone was to get a little rambunctious without requiring serious hospitalization with the sub-humanoid in question I might give them a pass if I'm on the jury.

However I do take exception to your nebulous attempt to attach him to our wonderful Commander in Chief who has been extremely supppotive of the troops. There is nothing that attaches Barack Obama to this miserable despicable creature

~leadfoot

juvat said...

Not only did he attend the University of Moscow, but he attended it in 68-69. Pretty sure that was during the Evil part of the Evil Empire, and during the time that the USSR was providing supplies and advisors to a country we were at war with. This guy stinks to high heaven.

Ed Rasimus said...

Juvat, just because he studied in the USSR doesn't mean he is a fellow-traveler. I mean really! Consider that Ho Chi Minh was trained in the Comintern in Moscow and he turned out OK, didn't he? Che? Tito?