Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Food For Thought

Salon bleats about injustice quite predictably while rationalizing the Occupy Wall Street gripes. Then wraps it in motherhood and apple pie with a headline announcing it as a "new Declaration of Independence."

Reason.com summarily dismantles it. Start with the first paragraph link to Salon or be satisfied with the whining excerpts offered before destruction by Reason. Your choice:

Not Going Quietly Into This Good Night

Nobody owes me a thing. I've earned what is mine. I didn't inherit if. I worked for it. I knew my career path and I followed it aggressively. I ain't "no fortunate son."

1 comment:

hitman said...

I hear what you're saying Ed. I had a big discussion with my college age daughter the other night. She is just about finished with school, and has gotten through on scholarships and grants without needing loans thankfully. But I got tired of hearing the same OWS and young person BS. The bottom line is, she has never actually done an honest days work in her life. I finally told her that I think what's lacking in todays' young people is Pride. I'm proud of the fact that I got everything I own the old fashioned way. By working for it. I can't understand why all these young people think that everone owes them something. They haven't contributed any ingredients to the pie and that's why they don't have a piece coming to them. Entitlement generation is right on the money.