Sunday, October 11, 2009

We Fixed It!

Remember global warming? The "Inconvenient Truth"? Remember how it morphed into "global climate change" so that the inconvenience of climate cycles which have been occurring for thousands of years could be explained? Remember how science by "consensus" was touted as the final truth--sort of like the sun revolving around the earth and the flatness of earth? A large glass of hemlock over here for the nay-sayers who dare to challenge the consensus.

It's the Sun and the Sea

Last night a National League playoff game got snowed out in Denver. That's not league championship or World Series, they are still two weeks away. The "boys of summer" couldn't shovel the white stuff off the field. The forecast was for the earliest recorded measurable snowfall in Chicago-bama this morning. Across the country the temps are at near record lows from the cold front that swept down on Friday, but a glance at the national weather map will reveal a second mass of arctic air is due to arrive this afternoon.

Could the man who invented the Internet be wrong on all of this? Doesn't his Academy Award and Nobel Peace Prize give him credibility? Oh, Polanski? Oh, the aspirational "hope and change" Nobel? Never mind. Well, still, he has been on the forefront of dismantling our economy by shifting us from carbon based fuels to wind and sunshine. Taxing our exhalations is the core of his dream of the future. He went to Wisconsin yesterday, and anyone who has ever visited Madison knows it ranks right up there as Berkeley Mid-West:

Have You Noticed a Chill in the Air?

Wow, college students and business leaders assembled in the streets and questioning what they see and read versus what Al Gore is selling! And, isn't that quaint, he takes a handful of questions and when one is "inconvenient" his minions cut off the reporter's microphone. You must believe or you will be struck dumb.

The maxim of "follow the money" applies on climate policy as well. Who has deep pockets, great commitment to liberal causes, an intense desire to see the nation under his control and a profit motive from getting the political ducks lined up in his row? Why George Soros, of course:

It Isn't a Science Issue, It Is Political!

At least he is up-front about admitting that it isn't science but an issue embedded in the kick-backs, stake-holders and profiteers of the political arena. He also 'fesses up that he's out to make a profit out of all of this hysteria.

My energy is being dissipated. I've begun to wonder what I will die defending in this Brave New World. Will it be my car, my lights, my heat/air-conditioning, my fatty foods, my choice in alcohol, my guns, my retirement, my doctor or the air I breathe. Increasingly we are surrounded by the drones of this oppression. I don't know what it will be, but I do know that they will pay a price for trying to take if from me. I will go down fighting. I must. There can be no other way.

No comments: