Friday, April 23, 2010

Remarkable News Friday

Background:

An initial press run of a new book is the publisher's estimate of first year sales. A lot of books don't "sell through" the initial run. I was hyperventilating when my first book, "When Thunder Rolled," sold through in four months and I got the word that there would be a second printing.

This morning I got an email from the editor at St. Martin's Press. "Fighter Pilot" was released on the 13th, just ten days ago. He was advising me that there might be some areas where the book would be temporarily unavailable. Ten days after release the book has just gone to THIRD printing!!!!!!

5 comments:

MagiK said...

Congrats Ed!

Six said...

Congratulations Ed. Does this mean you're buying the first round???

Carter Kaplan said...

Movie deal.

I repeat.

Movie deal.

juvat said...

Ras,
It's a great book! You and Christina did her father proud! Thanks.

LauraB said...

Hot damn! Glad I pre-ordered. Man, what terrific news!! Congrats to you both!!