Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Fighter Pilot

I've said it often and won't change my mind. Flying fighters is an assignment. Being a Fighter Pilot is a way of life. Some pilots fly fighters and will never be Fighter Pilots. You aren't a Fighter Pilot because you say you are. You are a Fighter Pilot when other people say you are. That is an honor that is aspired to by many, but not all achieve it.

But, I'm only one person and that's only my opinion.

Here's another man's analysis; a man with arguably a more poetic way of expressing himself.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cool! I've had the good fortune to be trained by former P-51, P-47, Mosquito, and F4U fighter pilots during my Army fixed wing training. Amazing warriors all and a privilage to be in their company. Congratulations on "making the cut." regards, Alemaster

TheOtherLarry said...

I agree! There are drivers and then there are pilots - there is a big difference!

bongobear said...

We all think we're the best fighter pilots ever, don't we?
Of course, only I am right.

Anonymous said...

BS Bongoman-I know better. I am!

Ed Rasimus said...

Bongo and A'mous, it ain't about what you think. It is about what other people think about you.

Anonymous said...

There you go again Ed, I thought I was the top dog!

TheOtherLarry said...

Just remember guys: Controllers tell pilots where to go - and they usually ask how high. heh. We ARE top dog!

heh.

bongobear said...

Touche Ed, touche.