Monday, March 28, 2011

Darwinism

I've read the Declaration of Independence a couple of times and the Constitution too. I'm pretty well versed in the concept of inalienable rights and the guarantees of those documents. I don't find a thing there about government feeding me. I find even less about our government feeding the rest of the world.

So, look at this collection of loons:

Congress-Critter and Fellow Travelers Fast For Funds

When you've got a pocket full of money and things are going well, be magnanimous  and give freely to help others. When you are broke, leveraged to the hilt and the loan-shark is gonna break your legs when you don't come up with the vig this week, then you probably can't buy lunch for the world for a while.

I particularly like that emotional quote about this budgeting will be "silencing the voice of the voiceless..." That's classic!

I'd like to call their bluff on this one. Fast your little heart out. I'll check back in about three months.

3 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

I'd bet you a bag of dog biscuits that Hall and his cohorts live in nice houses and drive late-model cars. When it comes to giving money to "the poor", that sort typically only wants to give them your money or mine which keeping theirs.

MagiK said...

I really want to see him after a 3 month fast.....

And then I would tell him, that The Government has authorization in the Bill of Rights to take my money to feed the masses.

Charity is not charity when it is forced at gun point which is exactly what tax payer supported charitable works are. On top of that since 1960 we have given enough food and money to only feed the world but it should have made them fairly self sufficient. Now we have problems of our own I refuse to borrow money from China to provide third world support Let China give directly.

MagiK said...

ohh jeez I left out the word NO in front of Authorization :P