Saturday, August 20, 2011

Reverse Speak Remembered

Recall last year when I regularly pointed out the quickest way to decipher exactly what the Messiah was saying? The clue was to realize that whatever he says is exactly the opposite of what he means or intends to do.

Does anybody remember this?
"Let me say this as plainly as I can. If you buy a car from Chrysler or General Motors, you will be able to get your car serviced and repaired just like always," Obama said in a speech. "Your warranty will be safe. In fact, it will be safer than it has ever been. Because starting today, the United States will stand behind your warranty."
Here is the context:

US Will Guarantee Your Car 

Did you go out and check your GM wheels then? Or were you reassured that whatever malfunction would raise its ugly head would be taken care of under warranty? Maybe you should have applied the reverse speak interpretation rules:

That Was "Old GM" We're "New GM"

Interesting how that worked out, heh?

4 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Sheesh! And the liberals/democrats used to ask: "Would you buy a used car from this man [RMN]?"

Dylan was right, I guess - the times, they are a-changing.

All this damn a-hoping and a-changing is gonna a-kill us.

drjim said...

Almost as stunning as the fact that 0bummer violated a ton of contract law with the GM and Chrysler deals he made.

MagiK said...

Laws? he don't need no steenkin Laws.... On a less theatric note...this is a man who is supposed to be a "Constitutional" Scholar. I believe President Obama will be remembered as one of the biggest Con men ever.

The Freeholder said...

The New GM, I have said before, deserves to go out of business with a bang. I couldn't believe that anyone actually bought the stock when it was offered.

Sidebar: Until February, I owned 4 GM vehicles of various makes and models. One of them suffered a transaxle failure at 260,000 miles (and 13 years old). It's replacement?

A Subaru. I'm putting my money where my mouth is.