Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm Shocked!

It is yet another Casablanca moment. Gambling going on in Rick's? I'm shocked. My winnings? Oh, thank you. I repeat, I'm shocked.

We can pretty much conclude from the events of the last year in the Gulf of Mexico that the administration is antagonistic to oil drilling as an economically viable free-enterprise activity.

It would be incessantly redundant to recite the litany of actions taken over the last several months which conclusively illustrate the desire to make continued exploitation of our petroleum resources profitable.

So, what to make of this:

White House Cooked the Books on Drill Ban Recommendation

It really seemed improbable that actual drilling industry scientists would support a total shut-down of Gulf activity based on a single event at one high-risk site. Why then should we be surprised at this?

No comments: