Friday, September 02, 2011

A Word of Caution

I am now in a state of deep depression. I made a huge error in judgment and I'm going to warn you all so that you do not experience the same thing.

Three days ago I received a CD-ROM in the mail from the Red River Valley Association, aka "River Rats". The disc contains the professional photos that were taken at this year's reunion on Friday and Saturday. There are more than six hundred photos on the disc.

I left the thing sitting on my desk for the intervening three days but today found myself with the time to slip in the big beige box slot and take a look. Don't make that mistake, friends!

The pictures cover virtually everyone who was there, often several times. They are clear and true color and offer incredibly sharp focus. When viewed on a 24" LCD display they show a collection of very old, very fat, very wrinkled, very gray folks. I find myself among them.

It's damned depressing!

4 comments:

FlyingBarrister said...

Look at the bright side, old, gray, and wrinkled beats the alternative of never getting old.

The fat part can be overcome.

Anonymous said...

That's why my bathroom lights are on a dimmer- on 20% at 5am, I still look pretty good-Heh!

Anonymous said...

Two combat tours will do that to you. Be happy you servived this long Wolfpack Jack

Anonymous said...

survived