Saturday, May 09, 2009

Skeptics Supported

I'm a skeptic. Nah, I'm a disbeliever. I look at the fellow-travelers of the Great Global Warming...er, Global Climate Change panic and find it impossible to believe them. I mean, really, Al Gore? I know he invented the Internet, but when did he have time to become a full-blown climatologist?

Following the money is a great idea and then you see a lot of it to be made by becoming a believer. But, I resist. Fellow Texan, T. Boone Pickens announced his support of saving the planet, but when you scraped the wrinkled surface of that reformed oil baron, you found he was heavily invested in windmill production, installation and maintenance. It is inevitably about the Benjamins.

Today, I'm contemplating turning on the heat in the old adobe. It's Texas and it's mid-May. Temps should be in the mid-80's or higher, but my weather widget shows it to be 66 degrees at mid-day. Nope, we aren't melting any more.

Are dissenting voices of greater authority than mine being heard?

Hat tip to The Warrior Class for pointing at this:

It's Really About the Politics

It is clearly a political issue, not a scientific one. The left is heavily vested in dismantling our existing capitalist free-market society--at least what is left of it. They want us to be subservient rather than self-sufficient. They build their own moral high ground by assigning us guilt for being Americans and benefiting from our industry and productivity. They demand that we "downsize" our life so that we can be a bit more miserable like the rest of the world. The solution for equality is lower us rather than raise others.

So, they propose "lessening dependence on foreign oil" but without seriously allowing us to exploit our own resources. They mandate development of "alternative, renewable energy sources" while plotting to tax us to subsidize the most inefficient technologies we've been able to devise. They propose a new concept of taxing, capping and exploiting what has always been a part of the life cycle--our carbon dioxide. The synergy between plants and animals somehow being ignored.

All to save our planet from our sins.

Meanwhile, the planet goes on doing what it has always done--heating and cooling in a continuous cycle of life.

1 comment:

MagiK said...

Amen brother, I got suckered into the Eco-movement back int the 1970's. Movies like Soylent Green and tons of other propaganda the worlds scientists were sure we were headed to a Catastrophic Iceage I boughtinto it all, I read the books and I believed.....then I started thinking for my self and learned the truth. SO it was no great surprise to me when the eco-nuts rose again with Global Warming...and the reinvented themselves with "Global Climate Change" when warming could not be defended...Its a scam and a power/money grab. Like you said, follow the money.