Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hoist on His Own Petard

Five days ago it was NY Congressman Eric Massa under pressure about inappropriate actions with a staffer. Then it was a spontanous resignation for a sequence of reasons ranging from the pressure, some cancer issues, healthcare strong-arming and a conspiracy by the Bamster's legions. It peaked with a radio talk show interview that titillated with the images of a naked man confrontation in the Capital gym shower-room.

Maybe there was something there. Yesterday Glen Beck brought Massa to his show for a full hour. I watched a lot of it. It was amazing. The former congressman is delusional at best and incoherent at worst. The evidence once again points to the question of whether the American electorate is really intelligent enough to be making choices in a democracy.

Here's the Washington Post take on it. It reads pretty much like I saw it, or maybe even soft-pedals the melt-down a bit.

Talking in Circles, Reveling in Adolescence, Grasping at Straws

Maybe the most remarkable statement was Beck's last words. These were uttered at the close of the show while he sat across the table from Massa. I wonder what the man thought at the end of his performance.

In the show's waning minutes, Beck surrendered. "America, I've got to shoot straight with you," he said, looking into the camera. "I think I've wasted your time. I think this is the first time I have wasted an hour of your time, and I apologize for that."


The show's over folks. Move along. Nothng to see here.

No comments: