Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Another Nobel Loser-eate

I get the Wall Street Journal delivered to my rural mailbox every day. I sort of wonder what will happen to my Saturday edition when the US Postal Non-Service suspends Saturday delivery. I also question regularly how the WSJ manages to get the current days newspaper to me in the mail on the day it is published. Amazing!

But, as a result, I get to see occasional contributions of Nobel Laureate in economics, Paul Krugman. The WSJ may be the last bastion of balanced reportage. They do provide alternative points of view and Krugman's viewpoint is certainly alternative to the capitalist concept of the Journal.

The man is simply ungrounded. In a multi-trillion dollar deficit economy he continues to recommend increased government spending through taxing of success and rewarding of failure. Realistic budgeting, such as a responsible family might practice, is anathema to the Keynesian mind-set.

American Thinker Roasts Krugman

Krugman is a syndicated columnist for the New York Times. To have evidence that the readership of his blog has turned the corner and rather than the usual seminar drivel that an organized attack generates, actually posts rational refutation is rewarding.

Maybe there is still hope.

No comments: