Sunday, August 15, 2010

Losing the Left Over the Lemon

I read the local major metropolitan area newspaper because I like to keep up on what is happening in the region. I like the sports and business and NYT crossword puzzle (at least until the really tough ones on Friday and Saturday.) I recognize that the bulk of the coverage is touchy-feely, left-wing welfare state propaganda. It's the cost of doing business. Know your enemy is always good advice.

So, when I pick up the Sunday edition and see these two pieces sharing the front page of the Op-Ed section, I get the feeling that the Bamster has lost a lot of traction with his homeboys.

Government Funded Lemon Non-Starter

Snob Car Not For Masses

I've commented previously about the practicality aspects of the electric cars. I've questioned the range and the macro impact on the electricity grid. I've pondered the impact on your household utility bills and the availability of recharge stations at malls, businesses, motels, etc. These two editorialists discuss the political and sociological aspects of lemon production.

Between the three of us, we've noted that the Emperor's New Car is distinctly fenderless and un-upholstered. It's naked!

The free market is ignored at your peril, even if you are the Chosen One and temporarily given exceptional powers to destroy your country.

No comments: