Thursday, May 06, 2010

Ride Along With a Weasel

It was the summer of 1966. The first contingent of Wild Weasel F-105F two-seat aircraft was leading four-ship flights with three single-seat Thunderchiefs. I had the opportunity to fly a lot of these missions both that summer and again in 1972 when I was flying the F-4E but specializing in the same business.

Listen to the communication during actual missions. You've got the back-seater giving most of the commentary regarding where the defense radars are, few acknowledgements of the front seater and then the background chatter of the other aircraft in the mission.



If this doesn't make your palms sweat and the hair on your neck stand up, I don't know what would.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't make this work.

Anonymous said...

I got it. I have a similiar tape from Robbie Robinson. Robbie was my flight commander at Willy. He was one of the original six weasels and the only one( along with his GIB) to survive. Wolf Pack Jack