Thursday, July 28, 2011

Leading the Trend

Yes, fans, I've always been a pace-setter. My style, my flair, my limited budget and less-than-svelte figure have always made me a  consumer ahead of my time. Now, my good taste in automobiles has been confirmed.

Not A Mercedes S, a Bimmer Seven or a Lexus LS...An Equus

Genesis Interior
No, I'm not driving an Equus. When I got my new wheels in January, the Equus had just been released and wasn't available for a couple of months. I saw one and was dutifully impressed.

I've got the Equus' cousin, the Genesis. It shares the same 4.6L 385hp V-8. It's got the same audio system, which is shares with the Rolls-Royce. The major differences are the Equus has a 4" longer wheelbase and is 7" longer overall. That's reflected in the limo sized rear doors. The back seat of the Equus is strictly for VIP hauling with heated and cooled reclining and massaging seats arrayed in front of a pair of individually programmable video screens. Since I seldom have back-seat pax, let-alone VIPs, I really don't need that.
Genesis

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

And the guy who builds them stands behind his work - so much so, he inscribes his family name on the transmission selector of each unit that rolls out of the factory.

Seriously, though, I test drove a Hyundai at a small test loop at the FWAAS a few years ago and was very impressed.

Good choice, Ed!

Anonymous said...

Ed:

I don't know how familiar you are with that part of Ga. close to Auburn on I-85 around West Point but it has changed since Hyundai/Kia went in and built a mfg. facility. The satellites have come in as well. I'm not sure what they make in west GA, but they seem to be doing well.

It appears to me that the Koreans are following the same plan as the Japanese in making inexpensive, profitable stuff first, then upgrade to the luxury products. LG appliances, another Korean concern, apparently did it as well. I understand that its products used to be very low end stuff life Gold Star.