Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Clear Explanation of a Lot

I don't know how many of the "Regular Stops" along the side bar you've visited. I try to keep the list from being a humongous collection of places I've gone once and harvested to build a list that looks like I'm a grand poobah of the Intravebs. They are places I visit with some degree of frequency and they get culled if they deteriorate or don't offer new material at least every couple of days. I try to keep the list reasonably short, relevant and meaningful.

One place you might have stopped at is HillBuzz. There you might or might not have been faced with an interesting conflict of your core conservative perspectives because HillBuzz started out as a site supportive of Hillary Clinton's campaign. Now they've gone staunchly anti-Messiah and pro-Palin so that shouldn't be problematic for most. They are from Chicago and I've got enough regular readers who either come from the region or are sympathetic to expatriates from the Windy City. That's not the issue. No, the issue is that the HillBuzz guys are gay. They are active, vocal and involved members of Chicago's gay community in an area called Boys Town.

They don't recruit, they don't justify, they don't pontificate or whine or posture about their lifestyle. They are who they are and they are politically aware as much as they are anything else.

Today they offer an extended piece that responds to a reader's question as well as anything I've seen anywhere could respond. The question was, "if you aren't Jewish, why are you so pro-Israel?"

Here's what they say:

How It Came to Be This Way

A clear understanding of where they are, why they are, where they are going and why that is a good choice. That makes sense to me and that's why HillBuzz stays on my list.

4 comments:

MagiK said...

Ed, I stroll through your list of links on a regular basis, you find the best stuff.

bongobear said...

Thanks for the tip, ED. I bookmarked HillBuzz...it's terrific. The writers on that blog are easy to read and seem very well informed and I certainly agree with their politics.

nzgarry said...

Thanks Ed, read and enjoyed.
This post raises an issue with me that I wrestle with from time to time. I have this nagging feeling I havent thought it through properly but here goes...

On the principle of 'Know thy enemy..' I (occasionally) try to jump out of my comfort zone and scan for pages from the left.

I feel that your good blog and those listed do well at exposing the issues and their actions but
not their current thinking or internal dialogues.

I guess the problem is how to expose this stuff without promoting it.

nzgarry said...

I've thought again about what I wrote above and decided that such analyses are pointless. The ideas
are discredited. Like many I get
at times frustrated because

"They have learned nothing and they have forgotten nothing"
(Talleyrand)