Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Work in Progress

This template shift isn't working as smoothly as it initially appeared to. I've been operating out of my geekery comfort zone, rooting around in arcane corners of html coding trying to find out where the gidget is that causes unwanted stuff to happen.

So far I've tracked down the white border causer for pictures and made it go away. The unwanted border was causing space to disappear between pix and wrapped text. I've still got a shadow box I don't want and will dig more to root that out...or not.

There's also a delayed glitch on picture location in posts. The left or right positioning with word wrap is OK, but centered pictures display initially in the proper position, then snap to the left margin. Dunno why.

Title has gone from the default white to a dark brown to make it a bit more prominent and my picture has been deleted. If you want to see my ugly mug look at my Facebook page.

I'd like to have block quotes show up in a different color than main posting but so far I can only do that manually by formatting at the time of posting. Excuse my oversight if I occasionally forget to do that. Ditto for italicizing.

Still, I'm pretty happy with the cleaner look. Will see if I keep it or try something different which might be a little less glitchy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how long does it take to prepare a daily blog

nzgarry said...

Looking good from down here, not even upside down!.

I noticed the comment count reads 0
on the post yet the Anonymous post
is here as I go in to send this.

Ed Rasimus said...

nzgarry, the new template has got some issues, not the least of which are the comment counters.

Anonymous, it takes as much time as I want it to. I don't do the programming generally and am dependent upon Blogger. (There are some folks on the Regular Stops roster that like WordPress.) If writing comes easy to you it doesn't take very long at all.