Thursday, January 05, 2012

Breaking Cover

They avoid the spotlight. They are true heroes and they do remarkable things. Their courage and skill are the stuff of legend and they don't get public recognition.

Occasionally, however, one comes along who has compiled a record of historic accomplishment as a warrior and then it is appropriate that he be honored. He may not be able to return to operations after such publicity. But he may accomplish more good in terms of motivating another generation to follow his warrior path.

Deadliest Sniper Stands Tall

That level of skill and courage is seldom seen. We can consider our nation fortunate to have produced such figures to defend us. Here's a bit of live interview action and a story told haltingly about a comeuppance that seems pretty well deserved.

6 comments:

drjim said...

Great story.
I'd be honored to buy that young guy a beer sometime, even though I don't drink.
And yes, we are VERY fortunate to have such fine men in service to our country.

bongobear said...

Am I wrong in my belief that Ventura was never actually a SEAL? It seems I read that he DORed.

Anonymous said...

Kyle was on O'Reilly last night; he certainly seemed the personification of the American warrior. I'm not sure that I'm totally happy with O'Reilly's tone with Kyle in that he kind of kept badgering Kyle to say that he enjoyed killing. O'Reilly mentioned that most people didn't understand war. I believe O'Reilly fits into that category as he obviously doesn't understand that we save American lives by the taking of the enemy's life. regards, Alemaster

FlyingBarrister said...

I would like to see video of Jesse "The Brain" Ventura taking one in the head.

nzgarry said...

Mr Kyle spoke well, obviously a nice guy. I had to google Ventura to find out who he hit. Heh, I think Jesse can count himself let off lightly.

Also it is great to see a memoir of this sort getting published, looks like a good read.

Anonymous said...

Whoops! There may be a flag on the play. Fox and other sources now saying that the altercation and the punch never happened. Wait and see. . . .

FormerFlyer