Sunday, July 15, 2012

Backfire

A few weeks ago I mentioned the dragged out race for the Republican Senate seat vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison. I ended by noting that we were fortunate to have a choice in which neither outcome would be bad for Texas or America. I've changed my mind. This is what did it, but not for the reason you might think:



The catch is that the radio ad is a pile of mud which has no basis in fact. It screws together a load of innuendo and plain misstatement to try to discredit Cruz. Unfortunately folks are noting it and some are simply repelled by that type of campaign.

Moisture On My Boot But It Ain't Raining

Desperation And Politics We Don't Need

Dewhurst was the leader and arguably could have walked through the run-off without breaking a sweat. Instead he has gone to the back of the corral and started shoveling what he found there. It's politics worse than as usual and it demeans the office he seeks.

I'll vote for Cruz. Hell if it turns out that Dewhurst is the nominee, I might even have to consider the alternative...well, maybe just not voting that line.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Like you, I've been perplexed as to why Dewhurst has continued with those Chinese ads - I don't think they particularly resonate, and after time, the viewer/listener begins to wonder if there's no other compelling reason to vote for D².

After the May primary winnowed the field, I thought it was Dewhurst's race to lose - it now looks like he may just do that.