Saturday, April 02, 2011

Sub-Human Culture

OK, we've got our own home-grown loon in Florida. He found out last year that if you announce that you will burn a Quran you will achieve your Warholian fifteen minutes and more. He became instantly famous and apparently he liked the notoriety.

So two weeks ago he announces a fair and equitable solution. He isn't going to arbitrarily burn the holy book. He is going to conduct a "trial" to determine if it is just and proper to burn the book. Well, how do you think that turned out? According to reports that I've seen, the shade of Clarence Darrow failed to appear and the Scope's Monkey carried the day. Yep, the Quran was deemed properly incendiary and for the good of the state of Florida, the Church of Loons & Believers, the peace of the nation and the improvement of the world, it was sentenced to be burned. It was. No appeals from that trial, apparently.

OK, a book got burned by a man in Florida. It could have been Huck Finn, Tropic of Cancer, Peyton Place or Volume 5 of Brittanica. It doesn't matter. It was an inanimate bundle of papers that is a duplicate of several hundred millions of similar books around the globe.

Yesterday we get notice that in Kabul, a parallel group of nut-jobs stormed a UN office and killed twelve people in protest of Florida loon's action. That should really show him! Apparently the victims weren't Americans, weren't Floridians, weren't fundamentalist Bible-thumpers, weren't in any way related to the un-offensive "offense" in the first place.

Today we get more:

Five More Killed in Quran Burning Backlash

Could we run through this "Religion of Peace" thing one more time? I'm a bit unclear on the concept.

But, I see a great tactical application. If we conduct some random Quran burnings around the nation and maybe throw in a few cartoons depicting the Prophet in unnatural acts we could trigger outrage and killings of sufficient numbers of their brother-Muslims that we would decimate our potential terrorist threats. We might even nibble away at the pernicious power of the United Nations.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Innocent people were killed because of this loon.

bongobear said...

I have read that more people have been killed in the name of religion than all other reasons combined. I wonder if that is a true statement. Given recent history it sure seems plausible.

Anna said...

Koran cluster bomb = win?

Ed Rasimus said...

Anonymous: So, someone on the other side of the world does something and you consider it a sin or a transgression against your religion or an unendurable insult. So, you go out and kill twelve people you don't know and who don't know the guy on the other side of the world. And that guy is the responsible party?

Sorry, no! If I want to burn the Quran, the Bible, the Torah, or Huck Finn I will. If I want to urinate on a photo of your girl friend, I will. If I want to draw a crude stick-figure cartoon of Pope Leo I, I may do just that. Don't kill anybody because of me.

Sarge said...

There is a book I just finished reading (yes I can read) by Wafa Sultan. The title of the book is A God who Hates. If read with an open mind it will give some insight as to how these Muslims think. It was a real eye opener for me.

DJMoore said...

Book burning has a bad reputation as a misguided attempt to suppress knowledge. Traditionally, it involves the state or church robbing people of their personally owned books, and burning the spoils.

In this case, though, we're looking at individuals burning the Koran as a protest, a challenge, a war-boast, to a sect of deranged murder cultists.

My library is sacred, yes.

My liberty is even more sacred.

It's my plan to burn a copy of the Koran, make a video, and send copies to the despicable cowards and traitors Harry Reid and Lindsey Graham, and to at least one of my local immams.

And my meaning will not be, suppress this forbidden knowledge! but rather, I will defend my liberty, with deadly force if needed.

perlhaqr said...

DJ: My thought was to show up at the next episode of this and burn a Bible while he's doing up his Koran.

The disparate reactions from Mecca and Rome should be instructive to even the densest of cultural relativists.