Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Shopping

In Texas, you simply complete the paperwork, wait for the instant background check and take your purchase home. If you hold a TX Concealed Handgun License, you only have to do the paperwork for the licensed dealer and the call-in is waived.

It's not so quick and clean in California, but they've been in the "Omigod guns are bad" camp for decades. Despite the paperwork and the satisfaction of the federal instant check requirement, you still must wait ten days to "cool off." I suppose no one has noticed that crimes generally aren't committed with guns purchased from FFLs and criminals tend to steal their firearms along the way. Bottom line, however, is that the waiting period is not much of a deterrent for folks doing prudent Christmas shopping this year.

Sales Boom to Wise Purchasers

Giving the gift of security, protection, enjoyment and tradition is a good choice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommend something in a nice easy 7.62 look.....extended round clip.....red dot capability....collapsible stock...short barrel.....nice flash/sound suppressor.....

Just like we wanted but never had in Nam.

hitman said...

Sounds good to me Ed. I hope I'm on your list for 2 or 3. lol

hitman said...

Thanks Ed, I pick up my new Para PDA .45 ACP on thursday. I'm too skinny to pack that full size Kimber. Ought to be able to conceal this one a little easier. Merry Christmas.