Thursday, December 08, 2011

Confirming My Own Impressions

I really find myself repulsed when I inadvertently stumble upon one of his speeches now. I've never experienced this level of revulsion against a President of the United States before, even when I strongly disagreed with his policies and his party. I never felt it against LBJ even though he seemed unconcerned about the men his micro-management of the war was killing. I didn't experience it against Carter despite his destruction of the economy through runaway inflation, exorbitant interest rates and three years of pay freezes for the military. I tolerated his give away of the Panama Canal and his bungling of Iran. He was my President. I didn't feel such emotion when Clinton was acting the buffoon about astro-turf in the bed of his truck, whether he wore boxers or briefs, and what the definition of "is" might be. Defiling of the Oval Office got an apparent pass and I simply shook my head in wonder.

But now I hear a man who aggressively seeks to destroy the nation. He preaches against capitalism and investment. He cultivates dependency on government and he seems unfazed by the concept of limited power established in our Constitution. He makes no secret of his plan to dismantle the private sector and institutionalize a monolithic governmental bureaucracy  which can control every aspect of our lives. I'm never sure whether he is channeling Lenin or Mao, Hitler or Mussolini, Chavez or Castro. I know for certain it isn't Jefferson or Madison.

I was appalled on Tuesday when I stopped channel-surfing to watch his speech in Kansas. I thought that now the gloves are off and he has gone so far down the pike that even the American booboisie will notice.

Dan Henninger Confirms My View

That means I'm in good company. I'll confess though that the Corleone link is a new spin. Maybe that's why he writes for the WSJ and I blather on Blogger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, he is running the biggest Federal "protection" racket known in the history of mankind!!! The difference is that the Mafioso would be indicted, tried, and sentenced to life......but in this case...the coyote is in charge of the entire chicken farm...not just the hen house.