Friday, June 24, 2011

Couldn't Have Said It Better

I'm pretty well convinced myself, but in American politics predictions of outcomes sixteen months in advance are nearly impossible. I know what could happen and I think I could explain why it should happen. But I'm also realist enough to give you a dozen reasons why it won't happen. Not the least of which is the Republican Party's self-destructive proclivity for demanding absolute perfection from any Presidential candidate. And, that usually means among any five Republicans in a room there will be five acceptable (only marginally) candidates and the other four will be total anathema.

But, here is a pretty good summary of why it should happen:

Five Reasons Why the Guv Should Govern the US

No one can manage a state of 23 millions folks that is growing the fastest in the nation both economically and in population without offending a lot of people. It is going to be hard to get past the ignorant cliche that we shouldn't have another President from Texas. But if you look at the five reasons it will be hard to deny the possibility.

2 comments:

juvat said...

As I've commented earlier, the Texas Education Agency hates him, so that's a SOLID endorsement.

juvat said...

Sorry, I meant Texas State Teachers Association, not that there's much difference.