Monday, March 12, 2012

Cow Town Comes Through--Barely

I split my big city visits between Dallas and Ft. Worth. One is money, oil, big hair and glitz. The other is cows, bluejeans, buckles and boots. Between the two, I tend to prefer Cowtown.

Yet, there are moments when I have to question whether it is really Texas. I mean Lonesome Dove, Texas with Rangers and longhorns and reality rather than effete pinky raised political correctness.

Then I encounter this:

Impasse Ends as Council Rules. Vaquero Has a Gun

Where did they find some idiot to leverage enough political clout to stymie the statute for all this time? Who would reasonably argue that a vaquero would not be armed when living on the range for extended periods?

The good news is that the poofs got over-ruled and the statue will finally be displayed and generations will know that at some point in time the gun was a part of our history. It really was.

No comments: