Monday, May 23, 2011

The Rest of the Story...

The contrasting pictures of Bibi and Barack generated a lot of commentary and some of it was productive and informative. Now I've got this tidbit to add to the background info on the Prime Minister:

Bibi knows a little about warfare. He was in the Unit, Sayeret Ha Ramat Kal, The Chief of Staff's Boys. This is the  one in which  Ehud, his younger brother Avinoam Brog,  Jonathan Netanyahu (Bibi's older brother) and possibly Arik Sharon were in  Unit. Ehud was a chief of it at one time and so was Sharon.  It is similar to our Delta Force or SEALS. Bibi was never one of the chiefs but he was part of it.

Jonathan was killed leading the Entebbe Raid to rescue the hostages from Idi Amin.
The source is from an old friend, River Rat and Wild Weasel, who is also cousin to Ehud Barak and definitely on the inside of issues with the IDF. Frankly, I'm impressed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I womder whose lives are in greater danger, Jenna and Barbara or Sasha and Malia?

Hippo said...

Anonymous said:

I wonder whose lives are in greater danger, Jenna and Barbara or Sasha and Malia?

Hippo sends:

And your point is? If I had posted anything as dumb as the above I guess I wouldn't have the guts to sign it wither.